Saturday, 25 June 2011

Must be the music

Blog starts here

I often find that music helps my mood. A lot.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is one of my all time favourite artists.

I remember when I found out he was doing one last tour. I HAD to go. I had to have a ticket at ANY cost!!

Being an O2 customer meant that I got an advanced booking code to get my ticket early. Tickets went on sale at 7am and I was working! On my lunch break I got onto my computer and applied for my ticket, the Ticketmaster website kept crashing!! It took me 2 hours to get my ticket but finally at 12:50 on 11 March, I had my ticket!! I couldn't believe it! On Wednesday 26 August I was finally going to fulfil a lifelong dream and see Michael Jackson in concert!!

I was so happy!

Then that fateful day came.

I remember it so clearly! I had actually been sleeping at the time and my phone went. I checked the screen and silenced it. It could wait until the morning I was sure. Then it rang again, same person. "Something must be wrong" I thought and I answered it. The voice on the other end sounded panicked. It was my cousin. "Hey, Kid, are you ok?" she said. "Aah.. yeah... I was asleep! What's up??" I was slightly irritated at being woken! I was up at 6 for work!! "Ah, I think you better turn on the TV Kid, something has happened" Her voice sounded really worried. I put the TV on. "Which channel?" I asked. I didn't need to wait for her answer. It was on EVERY channel! Michael Jackson had passed away! I couldn't believe it. Wouldn't believe it! I watched the news, waiting for someone to say there had been a terrible mistake. I sat up until the wee hours of the morning when it was finally confirmed. Michael Jackson had passed. I was numb.

That was it. I'd never live that dream!




Michael Jackson is one of the artists that can always lift my mood. My favourite track of his is Billie Jean. It just makes me want to dance!

Sometimes, if I'm feeling depressed, I want to listen to depressing music. This may sound counterproductive but somehow it makes me feel better!!

One of my favourite albums for those low moods is Pink Floyd, The Wall.

Now, if you've ever seen the movie of The Wall you will know what I mean! That music really moves you! There is something about Bob Geldof in that movie. He brings a certain something that I don't know how to describe!

I'm sure more than one of you have felt like this at some point in your life:




My favourite kind of mood lifting music has to be the 80's!! I love 80's CHEESE!!

If I'm feeling really crappy and I actually want to lift my mood I like to put on my iPod and listen to some FOOTLOOSE. Kenny Loggins never fails to elicit a smile from me!

I also like good ballad. Something a little cheesy that you crank up to full volume and sing along with. Sometimes cry along with!

I don't know what my life would be like without music! It's hard to even comprehend!!

I think about my Desert Island Discs often and I don't think I could choose just 8 tracks!! I simply couldn't do it! I'd rather have no music!! No... wait!! Scrap that!! I wouldn't survive with no music!!




So today, on this wet and windy Saturday, put your radio/cd player/music channel/laptop on, crank up the volume and dance and sing along with your favourite tracks!!

Keep Smiling :(:

2 comments:

  1. how come you only made on blog wat about talkin about wat different types of music there are

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!