Friday, 22 July 2011

Support

Blog starts here

As those with Bipolar Disorder will know, the one thing that helps us function in day-to-day life is support.

There is a lot of support out there for people who suffer with Bipolar Disorder. However, there is very little out there for the partners, spouses and family of those who suffer. To that end, a friend of mine has decided to create a social network aimed directly at those people. He has asked for me to be an administrator on the site and hopefully together we can work on it quickly to unleash it on the world!!

If you have a partner or are the parter of a sufferer, be sure to tell them about this site. There will be a Facebook connection so that you may log in via your Facebook.



Speaking of support, my partner has decided that he is going to accompany me to the doctors which is an absolute relief! I walked past the surgery today and I actually felt a little sick! 

I guess it's something I need to tackle one way or another, going to the doctors. It's just that I get so frustrated! They are always so determined to push me into taking medication and don't seem to ever offer any kind of alternatives!! I'm determined that I'm going to, at least, try the nutritional route. I believe that is probably the wisest. Weight gain is one of the most common side effects of all drugs used to alleviate the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder and I'm just not prepared to accept that. It may well sound silly but I've had weight issues all my life and now I'm happy with my weight!! Besides which, the medication deals mostly with the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder and simply numbs you (this is what I've gathered from a lot of the people I've spoken to who are medicated).



I haven't felt much like writing since that knock I took via Facebook the other day, it's frustrating as I doubt the bloke actually realises how his comments have affected me. I tried to be polite but I couldn't! It's so difficult to remain calm when someone has upset me and I guess I can be overly sensitive from time to time, especially if I am in one of my moods. My partner had said to me that everyone is entitled to their opinion and, as always, he is right but when that opinion is a direct attack on me I will go for the jugular no questions asked!! 



Anyway, I'm sure I will be back on form again soon!! 

Keep your eyes peeled for the launch of this new website!! 

Keep Smiling :):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!