Thursday, 5 February 2015

Take 5 2015

Since today is #take5 day from Time to Change I’m going to tell you 5 things you might not know about me and my mental health issues:
1. I have a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder with Bipolar Tendencies. It used to be both Bipolar Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder but because I’ve never had a “crisis” they changed it. I also have Generalised Anxiety Disorder, mild Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Insomnia, Sleep Paralysis, and I hear voices. I also scored 90% on the Psychopath Test…! 
2. I’m incredibly socially awkward thanks to the GAD. Meeting new people freaks me the hell out and I’m very shy. My loud “outgoing” personality is just a mask.
3. I’ve self harmed since I was very young. I’m lead to believe it has been going on since I was 2 years old. That’s part of the reason I have so many tattoos.
4. I’m incredibly insecure. I hate almost everything about myself and I crave attention and acknowledgement of my achievements from people and if I don’t get it I feel like a complete failure.
5. I have been writing a blog for 3 years or so about my experiences with mental health issues and I recently took it public. I used to write under an assumed identity until it became to difficult to maintain both lifestyles. I would love to have it made into a book some day.
I won’t nominate anyone but it’s #timetotalk about Mental Health and together we can help #endthestigma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!