Wednesday, 19 October 2016

My feelings ARE valid!

Do you know what I hate? I hate having my feelings invalidated. It really irks me. Do you want to know why I hate it so much? It's not because I'm a woman, it's not because I'm a feminist either. Its because I have Borderline Personality Disorder. 

One of the main features of BPD is emotional instability. This is something I have worked hard on for many years. I still don't have the hang of it, I know that but believe me, I am fucking working on it! 


If you don't have an emotional instability, you will have no idea how lucky you are. You are able to recognise emotions and deal with them in an appropriate manner. I envy you. I wish I could do the same!

When you hurt me, you hurt me very deeply. So deep that I can't get to it in order to stop that hurt. When you make me angry, I get so angry my head might just explode. When I am upset, my heart shatters into a thousand pieces. When I love, I love deeper and more passionately than you could even begin to imagine.


When you invalidate my feelings, not only are you making me feel less of a person, you are also setting my recovery back because you make me think that I am doing it wrong. That my emotions aren't real. That I'm not processing properly. Why would you do that to me?? 
You can tell me you're sorry and you didn't realise but you know what? Fuck your apology, stick it where the fucking sun don't shine! If we are friends you will have seen me post on numerous occasions about my mental health, you may have read my blog too. Heck, we may have even had a discussion about my mental health issues and how they affect me so you should know better!



Also, we feel things differently because guess what? WE ARE DIFFERENT!
So the next time you want to dismiss my feelings as an overreaction, dismiss me from your life too because I am fucking done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!