Saturday, 28 January 2017

Fat shaming

I am seeing more and more fat shaming posts recently and it’s really starting to grind my gears. Especially when people preach “eat better and exercise more” as a solution. I have a chronic condition that means my joints bend too much the wrong way and sometimes dislocate. I also have a chronic pain issue which at best is typically a 7/10 on the pain scale. I want to exercise but I need guidance from a professional who can teach me how to exercise whilst taking into account my conditions and not making them worse by exercising badly. Such practitioners are few and far between and also bloody expensive! I am currently on a waiting list behind approximately 8 people for an assessment that will set me back £80. If I decide to then take classes it will cost me £60 per session. I’m just one of many with weight issues and I’m sure other people have issues that can’t be fixed by simply eating right and exercising. 
I used to go to the gym but because of my mental health issues I became completely obsessed with “eating clean and exercising well” to the point where i was only eating steamed chicken and vegetables and exercising 6 days a week, 3 hours a day. Yeah, I lost a load of weight and looked great, however I was making myself really ill. 
Before you go about preaching how someone should have better self control, how about you have self control and shut your fucking mouth! As my mum used to say; “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all!”
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!