Sunday, 14 May 2017

Here comes Ranty McRantFace

Here comes Ranty McRantFace...

Boat moving has been exhausting today. I've been the lock keeper through 11 locks and the sun has been beaming down on us. Of course, some people love the sun. I hate it! When we got to about lock number 8 I laid on the grass because my back was hurting (yay fibro) and I was exhausted. A passer by remarked how it was a "nice day for it". I told him I preferred the rain and his response was "Ha, well it takes all sorts!" I was really fucking angry at this remark but too exhausted to reply.

People are constantly telling me how "lucky" I am that I don't feel the cold. They also (bizarrely) tell me that I make them feel cold when I don't wear a coat.

Let me tell you a little something about me;

I have a defective hypothalamus. The hypothalamus is in charge of maintaining homeostasis throughout the body. In other words, it is responsible for regulating a lot of functions in the body. One of the functions it is supposed to maintain is body temperature.  Because my hypothalamus doesn't work properly, I cannot naturally regulate my body temperature and so my body is constantly stuck on saharan desert! As soon as the mercury goes above 11° my body stops functioning properly. I sweat profusely which means I'm constantly dehydrated, always have headaches and am typically VERY cranky.

I know that not many people know that about me and that is why I'm putting this out there. However, there is no need to denigrate someome if they don't fit within your ideals.

Just think before you speak!

If you have any questions, just ask, I don't bite.

</rant>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!